Sunday, August 28, 2011

Purse Tissue Covers

Sunday was still spent in service to humanity and I got to sew!  I finished a batch of tissue covers for the purse - 16 in this basket, complete with tissues. I made them to give to the Sisters at Victory Noll, which is a local retirement community for nuns. The Sisters sell them in their gift shop and they give the proceeds to feed the poor. Their gift cabinet contains all hand-made items.

Kleenex Tissue Covers

I hope to make one more batch of tissue covers to take to them on Thursday.  I always like to say " the Sisters welcome me into their community, even tho I'm not catholic. "  LOL   It is a blessing for me to be able to spend craft time with them.  Thank you,  Sisters.

1 comment:

  1. That is very cool! I am not Catholic either but I fell completely in love with a group of Sisters in California when my brother was dying. They were so sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!