Monday, June 5, 2017

Crosswalk - a jelly roll OMG

Last month the Stashbusters group offered up a challenge to use some of those jelly rolls you've collected.   I am not a collector of precuts, so  I set about cutting up jelly roll strips from my stash.  I put them all in a basket to wait for the challenge to begin June 1st.

The group is calling this the strip tease.  This is my first strip tease top  (I've since re-named it "Crosswalk").  The trail of squares remind me of Abbey Road,  the crosswalk.  Can you picture that crosswalk on their album cover?

I will continue making tops until the strips are all sewn up.  I don't want these tops to linger  unfinished, so I am offering up this first top as my OMG (one Monthly Goal for June).  I hope to have it finished with quilting and binding before June has past.

Here is Crosswalk.  It measures 40 x 52.



I am linking up with Patti of Elm Street Quilts for the One Monthly Goal challenge
http://www.elmstreetquilts.com/2017/06/one-monthly-goal-june-goal-setting-link.html

Also joining the linky party at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts for Design Wall Monday.
http://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/2017/06/design-wall-monday-june-5-2017.html

and

Freemotion By the River for Linky Tuesday
http://www.conniekresin.com/2017/06/linky-tuesday-june-6th.html

Be sure to visit these sites to see what other creative quilters are sharing today.


6 comments:

  1. Hi Kat,
    I have to say I like your name for the flimsy better than the group name. HAHA It looks like a quick one to put together. How do you plan on quilting it? I will look forward to seeing it finished, and see how many you get together during the month. ~smile~
    Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am like you, and do not have any jelly rolls, but I see lots of patterns for their use. I should cut some fabric into jelly rolls as you did. Good idea, and I also like your name for this quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I make my own jelly rolls too. Your quilt looks great. I think I need to make one of those.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun quilt top! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very fun! Looks like a great way to use up those strips and could be easily adapted to a wide variety of strip sizes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Stashbusters are true to their name in offering a way to use up those jelly rolls. Love your design, the name and wishing you success in completing June's OMG project!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!