Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Playground Quilt

It's a finish and already gifted out - as of yesterday.  Yay!

I called this one the Playground quilt, that's what all the colors and logs and pinwheels made me think of children at play.  It finished at 41 x 57, a nice play size. 

I saw a photo on the internet which inspired this quilt.  It is also a result of  this years' jelly roll challenge at Stashbusters yahoo group.  I made 4  great tops from that challenge.



and here is the back, a happy lime green fleece;  the quilting shows up very well from the back; the color is a prettier shade than it shows in this photo;  I had to take the pics indoors.

 I used the westalee honeycomb template and a curved template for the pinwheel areas,  and the lineworks template for framing in the ditch.










I'm linking up with a few of my favorite parties this week. Be sure to visit them to see what other creative quilters are sharing.



Have a great Holiday Week.  Thanks so much for stopping by.

9 comments:

  1. Delightful! Your colors are so bright and inviting. Any chance that you would write a tutorial for this quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy, bright, and absolutely adorable. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from your link on Stashbusters. What a FUN quilt Kat, colors, layout, everything! Just great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun quilt - I'll be the recipient loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a beautiful quilt. I have been wanting to make that one also-someday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That quilt is so pretty! And the fleece will make it so snuggly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet quilt, love the bright and happy colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!