Sunday, December 31, 2017

Pre - Cutting for 2018

It's so easy to be productive in the sewing room when I have the parts cut out and waiting for assembly.

Today I'll be sharing those strange pictures of fabric piles with pre-cut parts.

These 1st 4 pics are cut for quick donation projects;  I call it Mary's Strippie. I cut extra strips to add to the sides, adjusting the shape a bit.  It is designed by Mary Johnson of Heartstrings yahoo group.  She shares the free pattern on her site   HERE  .

Mary's Strippie










Irish Chain Challenge


This photo shows the pre-cut strips for the Irish Chain challenge.  The alternating blocks will be the beige print fabric.
Irish Rose - *ignore the leaf pattern*




This photo shows a collection of pre-cut 3-1/2 inch squares for a scrappy 9-Patch ICC which will alternate with open blocks for quilting.  There is also the green collection of quarter square triangle pieces cut for Bonnie Hunter's Hourglass quilt.



This photo shows an assortment of green pre-cut 2-1/2" squares.  As I work thru my scrap bins with a cutting system, I can collect for this wonderful scrappy Irish Chain quilt





Related image
inspiration only



This is my version of Bonnie Hunter's mystery, I'm calling it  On Ringo's Starr.  The star blocks are all made from the scrap bins.  I have the alternating blocks cut from chocolate browns.



That's it.  A bunch of new starts for the new year, plus I had  a few unfinished leftovers, just a few.
Aiming for lots of lovely finishes in 2018.

Happy New Year  !!

2 comments:

  1. You have got a great start to the new year! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so organized. I should post a picture of my unorganized life....giggle.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!